Friday, September 17, 2004

When I ask for help

When I ask for help I am doing several things. I am being humble. I am expressing my humanity and as everyone knows, human beings are not perfect.
I am not presenting myself as an island, independent of the need for outside help.
Humility is good for me. Without humility I would be a proud perfectionist, a know it all. Humility helps me to understand that there is a God and that it is not me.
When I ask for help, I am giving some-one else the chance to be of service, the chance to give anonymously and the chance to be generous.
All this helps me realize that I am not treading the path of life alone and that I am a part of a greater whole.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Nice blog. Come check out mine and take my survey to help decide which religion is right. Christianity and Hinduism are neck-and-neck, so we need your vote!

Feel free to join my blogring as well.

Ian

iankristensen.blogspot.com