Sunday, April 10, 2005

About; LightOneCandle

I was pondering my original intentions in setting up this blog. I set it up to record positive events that I come across in my daily life, in the still strongly held belief that dwelling on the positive aspects of human nature is the better course towards future peace and reconciliation. Interpret that however you would, given your own life experiences.
For me it means politics. I can criticize those I disagree with, ad nauseum. The challenge for me is to see "any" good in them at all and the even greater challenge is to give them any credit for anything positive they may have done in life. This blog arose out of the neccessity to inject some balance into my perspective. It seems to be evolving into a record of the generosity of humans across the globe and of positive sayings. I'm interested in seeing where this particular journey leads.
I invite those of you who read this blog, to share your own examples of people in your lives,"Lighting candles" in the lives of their friends, families and in many cases in the lives of strangers.

No comments: